Welcome! My name is Katherine and I like to cook while eating (gets rid of that ravenous hunger thing). Please have a look at my recipes and always remember, never cook on an empty stomach!

Friday, February 26, 2010

Herbes de Provence Tofu Scramble With Peas



**As Previously Published In The Daily Vanguard**

This breakfast is tasty, healthy, and tastes like something you'd spend 12 bucks for at a breakfast place. But don't go out and buy breakfast! Make this instead. Please forgive the photo, I didn't take a picture when I made this. But it guess it kind of fits..bright colors, morning...breakfast..recipe? You see, I totally knew what I was doing all along.
I do have good news though! I have a new camera coming in the mail, so soon my pictures will not suck! Something to look forward to! I might be the only one who cares about that..but yea, it's exciting. Anyway, this meal is fast so it could also double as a quick dinner or lunch when paired with a side salad.

Ingredients
1 shallot
1 large chunk of extra-firm tofu
1/2 cup of frozen peas
1 tablespoon of Herbes de Provence
1 pinch of sea salt
Olive oil

Method
Remove papery layer from shallot and mince like you would a garlic clove.


Slice off desired amount of tofu from its block, and squeeze both sides to ensure there isn’t any extra moisture. Crumble between your fingers into small pieces.


Coat a skillet with a thin layer of oil, about one tablespoon. Turn the heat to medium-high.

Add shallot, and move around with a spatula until it has softened a bit, around a minute.


Turn the heat to high, add peas and salt, stirring until warmed through and peas are no longer frozen.


Add tofu crumbles and Herbes de Provence and mix the ingredients together, allowing the flavors to mingle.


Taste for seasoning, add more salt or Herbes de Provence if desired.


Enjoy with a piece of whole wheat toast or an English muffin.

1 comment:

  1. Great recipe idea! I have actually made a meal similar to this, but it also had corn nibblets and spinach. YUM! So good and tasty as well as healthy! I love it. Glad you are excited for your new camera :-)

    ReplyDelete